July has certainly been an exciting month, hasn't it? Hannah & Brad's gorgeous Cannery One wedding, boating with friends, Drew's CPA exam, styled shoot planning, networking events aplenty, marathon planning sessions with out-of-town clients, many a new client consultation... Good month. Full month. Not many pool days have happened these past weeks -- too many phone calls, emails, and meetings to take a backseat here recently.
The second half of summer 2014 has kicked off with a bang that I'm sure will continue far into fall. Can you believe that by the end of this month, PSLs will be rapidly approaching, fall wedding season will rear its head, and before we know it the holidays will be upon us?!
Here are a few things I'm particularly excited about!
- A styled shoot with Ian Riley that happened last Friday! Can't wait to disclose all the juicy details behind our inspiration and the unbelievably beautiful execution!
- Sunday Supper Club. A sorority sister friend of mine and I are spearheading a campaign to bring back the gentle art of domestic entertaining! We're hosting a once-monthly dinner party club here in Nashville. Interested in joining our group? Shoot me an email for more details & how to get involved!
- Yet another trip to the deep Southeast. Drew & I are celebrating our birthdays in our two favorite cities this week - so excited to be finally dining at Hyman's Seafood and catching some final glimpses at summer 2014 near the Atlantic. August is the last "slow" month before fall wedding chaos and Drew's constant stream of exams, so we're taking advantage!
- 2015 wedding bookings! I've been meeting with several fabulous brides to discuss their spring & summer 2015 weddings. If you're looking for a planner for your upcoming nuptials, holler at me! Dates are booking fast!
- Welcoming a certain someone to our KDE team! We've chosen our fall 2014 intern for the season and can't wait to introduce her to our readers!!
There are still plenty of things I've wanted to do but haven't had the chance yet. Perhaps we'll finally have that open house at the office we've been meaning to host?!
Can't wait to see what lies in store for August 2014! I have a lovely milestone birthday coming up in just a couple days, Drew & I will celebrate 7 years of being college sweethearts, and we might just have a Labor Day weekend wedding pop up last-minute:)
Vision: August will be serious but still lighthearted. Seeing our favorite city, loving on our sweet family, preparing for an incredible wedding season to come. I envision quick-stepping while still being methodical about everything. Some planning for the future but not TOO much forward-thinking. Yoga to center my mind, maybe a barre workout or two sandwiched in. Healthy eating, salads and soups. Less sugar. Less wine. More water. An ice cream sandwich birthday cake. With sprinkles. (Pink sprinkles!) Collaborating a bit more with my favorite industry city.